Hot Stones Massage online courses
Australia and New Zealand
Harmony House is an IICT Approved Training Provider. All our are students are eligible to join the IICT. Students in Australia and New Zealand may also obtain their therapy insurance via the IICT.
**The Hot Stone Massage home study course is open to the experienced therapist who currently has a Massage qualification.**
The Hot Stones Massage home study course provides you with an excellent new treatment to offer your clients. A real winter warmer, a treat for tired, and aching muscles. Truly adaptable to incorporate with other therapies and treatments you may offer.
The Hot Stone Massage home study course is fully insurable.
Our course provides you with a thorough knowledge of the art of Hot Stones Massage.
The Hot Stones Massage home learning course provides you with an additional dimension to the Massage treatments you currently have available for your clients.
Our Hot Stones Massage distance learning course is environmentally friendly. By making our course notes and workbook electronic, with embedded video and audio files, we have reduced our use of paper to a minimum.
Because our courses are directly downloadable, we do not use the postal service to deliver the materials, and so have cut down on fuel delivery emissions.
Our Hot Stones Massage home study course is directly downloadable, which means that you can start as soon as you have purchased it!
- Hot Stones Massage - We give you an overview of Hot Stone Massage, so that you can explain the benefits of a Hot Stone Massage to your clients.
- Types of Rocks - We examine types of rocks used and explain you why you can not just use stones you pick off the beach!
- Basalt Stones - We discuss the properties of Basalt stones, and explain why Basalt stone are excellent stones to use in a Hot Stone Massage.
- Health and Safety - We give you the extra health and safety requirements needed to ensure your Hot Stone Massage treatment is safe for you and your clients. Covering topics such as water, electricity, and toes!
- Contra-indications relating to Hot Stones Massage - The extra contra -indications that relate specifically to Hot Stone Massage so that you can ensure that your clients enjoy the many benefits of receiving a Hot Stone Massage.
- Contra-actions relating to Hot Stones Massage - You can explain the effects that your client can expect when having a Hot Stone Massage.
- Preparing the equipment and treatment area - Easy to follow instructions along with practical video demonstrations of the equipment you need and how to set up the equipment for a Hot Stones Massage.
- Practical Hot Stones Massage incl adapting techniques - Step by step, easy to follow instructions of how to carry out a full body Hot Stone Massage. The routine is illustrated using written instructions, video guides that clearly show the techniques used, or the audio guide which talks you through the routine. We also show you how to adapt the your existing Massage techniques to use hot stones if you wish to adapt your existing Massage routine.
- Client after-care advice - The aftercare advice that you should give your client to ensure your client gets maximum benefit from their treatment and so want to come back for more!
The Hot Stone Massage routine is described in three formats, all of which will help you to learn the routine.
- A Written Description - Read the description of each technique . Make short notes so that you can perform the techniques in the order that they are described when performing the Massage.
- Videos embedded - Watch the videos to see how the Massage techniques are performed. Then practice the techniques on the client until you feel comfortable with them.
- An audio mp3 file - The MP3 audio file describes in words a Hot Stones Massage, and acts as a verbal list describing the order in which you perform each technique, and helps with the timing of the Massage. The audio file could be played out loud or, loaded on an mp3 player, which you could use earphones to listen to help you perform the massage.
To play the video’s you will need to open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat reader 9 or above. Following is a link to download Adobe Acrobat reader 9
How to complete your Course Work
To complete your course work, open the relevant course notes and workbook pdf’s in Adobe Acrobat Reader, and fill in the answers in the workbook and save the workbook pdf where you will be able to find it!
Once you have fully completed a workbook, send an email to us with the workbook attached.
We will then assess the workbook, and provide you with feedback.
If any re-work is required, we will indicate the question numbers that need to be revisited and the relevant section of the course notes to look at.
We will repeat this process until the all answers in the workbook are correct.
How to complete your case studies
You will need to complete three case study clients, this will consist of doing a treatments on three people, 3 treatments in all.
For each case study, print off a consultation pack.
Perform a consultation
Perform a consultation for each client, as described in the Hot Stone Massage Course Notes.
This is to determine whether the client has any contra-indications to treatment, and thus whether it is safe to proceed with the treatment.
If the client does have contra-indications to treatment. Then ask for a doctor’s permission if the contra-indications are major. Or modify the treatment accordingly if it is a minor contra-indication.
Prepare a treatment plan
Prepare a treatment plan for the course of four treatments. Do use the information that you gleaned from the consultation to determine the client’s problem areas and desired solution, and work together to agree the plan.
Perform a hot stone massage treatment
Set up the treatment area as described in the Hot Stone Massage Course Notes.
Inform the client how to prepare for the treatment as described in the Hot Stone Massage Course Notes.
Remember how important hygiene is and inform the client you are going to wash your hands. Telling them lets them know you are a professional therapist and take hygiene seriously.
Perform a massage treatment as described in the Hot Stone Massage Course Notes.
When you finish, again tell the client you are going to wash you hands and get them a glass of water.
Once the client is dressed:-
- Assess how the treatment has gone by asking how they feel.
- Explain the possible contra-actions of having a hot stone massage treatment.
- Give the After Care advice.
All of which is described in the Hot Stone Massage Course Notes.
Give the client the follow up to treatment form and ask them to fill it in and bring to back when they have their next treatment.
Then using all the information you have captured above fill in the Hot Stone Massage Case Study PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader 9
Once you have completed a Case Study, send an email to us with the Case Study attached.
We will then assess the Case Study, and proved you with feedback.
Upon completion of the course
Upon completion of the course you will receive you your Harmony House Hot Stones Massage Diploma Certificate.
Once you have completed your course, you can purchase your therapy insurance via the IICT.
The Hot Stones Massage
home study course
can be yours for
You will require 583 MB of disk space to store the Hot Stones Massage home study course, and Adobe Reader 9 to read it and play the multi-media clips.
The Hot Stones Massage home study course is delivered by direct download upon purchase.
To download your copy, please select the Download Hot Stones Massage home study course link on the download page. This will open the Download Hot Stones Massage home study course PDF.
Once it is open select save to save it to a destination on your computer. You can then download the Hot Stones Massage home study course at your leisure.
Select the BUY NOW!
Hot Stone Massage Course
** We will need to see a copy of your massage diploma certicate before we can issue your Hot Stones Massage Diploma **
Tags: massage diploma australia massage distance learning australia massage education australia massage online courses australia massage therapist education australia massage home study australia massage home study courses australia